1994 sl750 throttle response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 sl750 throttle response

just installed triple outlet fuel pump, new plugs, freshly rebuilt. From idle when pinning the throttle it bogs and stalls When playing with the throttle it takes a bit to pick up speed. Also the machine only tops out at around 38mph used to do 47-50mph. Carbs are factory set all cylinder fire but rpm's max around 5000-5300.

Thanks
    Last edited by jlair; 05-30-2010, 01:25 PM.

Re: 1994 sl750 throttle response

j, does it smoke alot, is this an aftermarket fuel pump you installed? could be running a bit on the fat side "rich" let me under stand this < it ran 47-50 before you installed the triple outlet pump? double check the inlet to the pump as well to be safe! let me know
    best,
    hollywood

Comment

what happened was that the filler nozzel for gas had a crack in it the tank filled up with water then i popped it. Before it popped it did 47-50mph after rebuild and new fuel pump it doesnt want to go over 35mph. It smokes a bit cause its a two stroke they all do checked the plugs and i set the air to fuel ratio

Comment

i know they smoke being two stroke, perhaps i wasnt clear in my question. does it smoke more than it use to?? what exactly popped? you have the gasket under the fuel cap??? you have totally cleaned they entire fuel system out "free of water"??

Comment

same amount of smoke, got a new gas cap and filler neck, when i said i popped it im talking number 3 piston i heard it can be the electronics when i open it up ( wot) off of a dead stop it is hesitant sounds choppy and takes a few seconds to get to a high rpm

Comment

Working...
          X