CDCV carb experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCV carb experts?

I have a 01 1100 ZXi...I rebuilt/cleaned carbs myself and im having some issues. It will start and idle fine. When I snap the throtle wide open it bogs...doesnt die just acts like its not geting fuel. If I ease into the throtle and get the engine above 3k rpm and then snap the throtle wide open it takes off like a rocket. all 3 cyelenders look fine. plugs are good. I do have a orielly inline fuel filter on it. I wouldnt think that would be the case? I didnt replace the needles in the carbs as they looked to be fine. ski runs great at wot after it gets passed the bog.

Re: CDCV carb experts?

anyone??? all the slides are moving together and i can see even shot of fuel in each carb. has anyone removed the filler plugs that cover up the air piolet screw on these carbs....???

Comment

Make sure you keep the stock air box on it, the ski will not run correctly with anything else. I dont think the fuel filter is the issue but try removing it and see what happens.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Airbox is stock....along with everything else. Its so hard to understand that there is little to no info on the web about these tripple CDCV carbs.
        Last edited by jag1981; 06-02-2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Those carbs can be a nightmare to work on, most guys get fed up with them and install cdk2 carbs from earlier models.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have the same carbs on my 98 1100 stx.
            Near the oil injection nipple there is a 8mm dummy plate the hides the low speed/idle adjustment. Drill it out pop it off and turn out 1/4 turn. Order #50 low speed jets replace the #35 jets and now you snap on the throttle and away she goes. I had to do this after taking out my choke plates and installing the primers.

Comment

Can someone please explain how to check the pop off pressure on these carbs? I have no idea where to pump the air into the individual carb. Or do I just pump the air into the nipple that feeds all 3 carbs? Also what should the pressure be?

Comment

Anyone know what the pop off pressure is supposed to be on an 1100 with these carbs. I was told 55-65 by SBT tech support. It seems high. I set them to this pressure and its a bit hard startin.
                Last edited by Thrillseeker; 07-04-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

People on this forum are so so helpfull. Wow I'm speechless

Comment

Ok. So after spending 1,600 bucks with Sbt I can not get a solid answer on my question about the pop off pressure. I called again today and spoke to a mechanic and he said he had no idea what the pop off pressure should be. Let me tell you that at 55-65 my ski seems to be starving for fuel. Hesitates when giving throttle from idle and at higher rpms I believe I heard pre ignition . THANKS SBT for the great info. Maybe ill smoke this engine and send it back to you. No nevermind ill just buy the right springs from kawy

Comment

Originally posted by dbric36 View Post
                      I have the same carbs on my 98 1100 stx.
                      Near the oil injection nipple there is a 8mm dummy plate the hides the low speed/idle adjustment. Drill it out pop it off and turn out 1/4 turn. Order #50 low speed jets replace the #35 jets and now you snap on the throttle and away she goes. I had to do this after taking out my choke plates and installing the primers.
                      Thank you , having the same problem I followed your advise, It worked beautifully !

Comment

Okay I'm putting the R&D timing Advance ER in there and I'm going to do the air temperature timing advancement thing and I took out the baffles in my exhaust what should I do as far as jetting and Springs and what is this pop off pressure people are talking about

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spedesdamit87 View Post
                          Okay I'm putting the R&D timing Advance ER in there and I'm going to do the air temperature timing advancement thing and I took out the baffles in my exhaust what should I do as far as jetting and Springs and what is this pop off pressure people are talking about

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                          Pop off is the psi it takes to unseat the needle. It should be around 25psi for the cdkII carbs, and around 15-18 for the cv's. It is checked by putting a pop off tester on the fuel inlet, blocking the return off, spraying some wd40 in the needle seat to submerge it for a good seat, and pump the tester until the needle pops off the seat. Put a rag over the carb so you don't get a face full of wd40. It is adjusted by changing the needle springs. If the ski is running fine, or you are not installing aftermaket air cleaners, leave it alone, and don't remove the chokes.
                          Go to Mikuni's website and find the manual on carb rebuilding. All the fundamentals carry over to the Keihin carbs.
                          Last edited by rodsatheart; 08-04-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X