Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Tigershark not starting, solenoid clicking

Hello,

I tried to start my 97 tigershark this season and at first it cranked over probably 15 times so I gave it a rest. Went to start it again and nothing happened, yet the bilge pump worked. Attempted a few more times, now the bilge stopped working and is clicking as well. When I jump the solenoid the engine turns over no problem. Normally i would replace the solenoid, but why is the bilge not working also? I checked the wires, could not find any fuses and tightened both the solenoid terminals as well as the main ground to the engine block. I have no idea what to do next and I don't just want to start replacing parts. Is there a fuse i am missing? could it be the circuit breaker buttons? Any help with this is hugely appreciated, this ski has always been awesome and has run perfect up until now.

Re: 97 Tigershark not starting, solenoid clicking

Could still be the solenoid.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Checked the wiring to the bilge pump, turns out the fuse holder had a short - got the bilge working, starter relay still clicking - Should I replace?

Comment

It was the solenoid. I did not want to spend $150 for the arctic cat one, so I went to NAPA and grabbed one (MPE ST81SB) for $10, bam, it works again! Just ground the signal to the body of the new solenoid, for some reason it didn't like the ground post.

Comment

Working...
        X