Standard versus presmium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard versus presmium

Is there any difference between the standard engine and the premium engine other than the length of the warranties? Are they the same build quality, same components, same bore size? Also do they come with a new rotary valve installed? Looking at the Seadoo 717.

Thanks
    Last edited by hpseadoo; 06-13-2010, 08:45 PM.

Re: Standard versus presmium

Yes, the build is the same regardless of which package gets ordered. We do have a time and install service for the rotary valve which also require the purchase of a reman cover. CAll us toll free 877.330.0231.
    Last edited by Ericka-SBT; 06-14-2010, 08:47 AM.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will call tomorrow after work. I have been looking at the SBT web site and it talks about re-manufactured engines and it talks about re-built engines. Is there a difference in those? Also I noticed this statement...

"All SBT engines have new Standard or 1.0mm oversize SBT pistons, rings, bearings, SBT connecting rods, seals, and gaskets. SBT only buys its parts from reputable suppliers."

I have heard that the premium engines are re-sleeved to stock specifications and the standard are board 1mm over. Do you know if this is true?

I appreciate your help and time.

Comment

We only remanufacture one way, so regardless of which package is ordered we would pull the same motor. Most SBT motors are built to 1.0mm. There are a few motors that had Nicolsel coated cylinders. Those types of cylinders are sleeved and bought back to SBT standard size.
        Ericka Buczkowski
        SBT

Comment

I ordered my motor yesterday. I gave my email address and assumed I would be receiving an invoice and/or a ship notification. Was I wrong to assume this? Also I meant to ask when I ordered if I would hear anything back once you received my engine? I would be curious if the mechanic noticed anything during dis-assembly that might have lead to the reason for the engine going out.

Comment

Working...
          X