1996 seadoo xp accel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 seadoo xp accel problem

i have a 1996 seadoo xp that i took out a couple of weeks ago for the first time this year. The seadoo ran great all day but at the end of the was out on the water and it died wouldn't start. So took it home removed the spark plugs and turned it over several times realizing that there was water in the engine. I removed all the water and she fired up just fine took it out on the water and it took off ok, then the engine started to shake real bad and i lost all my power. It seems to idle fine but when you give it gas it shakes makes a louder than normal noise. Just wondering were to start to diagnose the problem. Does it sound like carberator issue? How does water get into the motor, this had happened about three or four years ago too(the water in the engine not the bad accell shake). If any one could give some good ideas i would appreciate it.

Re: 1996 seadoo xp accel problem

Were you riding it hard? Was there any water in the hull when you open the seat? A bad shake could be from a lot of things... Loose / Broken motor mounts, bent driveshaft, mis-aligned pump or a failing crank.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

No wasn't running it real and very little water in the rear of the ski were the bildge pumps are. I ran some fuel additive through it today and it started out doing the same old shake when i would accel, but then turned off the ski and back on again gave it throttle and it took off. It seemed to be running fine once i got it wide open for a while. The ski still seems to be a little lack luster when it comes to accel but was a lot better than before. The trick seemed to be turning the ski off and then on. Does that sound like a fuel problem? how ofter should you relplace the fuel filter and is it a hard task or fairly simple? I know it will go a bit faster than it was today. Also when i would give it full throttle i would be going fine and then all of the sudden lose power, and then regain power. Hopefully that give a good specific idea of what might be the problem. Any suggestions?

Comment

I think it's a good time for a carb rebuild and a rave cleaning.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Do you or anyone have a good step by step on rebuilding carbs or know about a good place on line to go to get this information? Thank you for your input hopefully i can figure this carb. problem out.

Comment

Working...
          X