Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Debris Cleanout” access plug removal

Help!!!!!!!!!
    Unable to remove both plugs out of the cleanout hole. I've tried everything from spraying silicone to banging around the part to see if I can loosen it. No joy yet. Does anyone have an idea to remove these plugs? Someone in another site suggested to pour hot water on top of the plugs. I have not done this yet. Need second opinion. Thanks

Frankjr75

Re: “Debris Cleanout” access plug removal

Why do you want to take them out????????? If it's to make you feel better just in case you ever have to well then you need clean out the plug good remove all the water with sponge, rag etc. once it is clean and dry take ice lots of it and fill clean out area. At the same time take out pump to get access to hole, with a modified 2x4 bang the plug out making sure that locks are dissengage before you start to beat the wood.
    But if the plugs are frozen in place and their is no need well then chill enjoye summer and do this in the winter.

Comment

Re: “Debris Cleanout” access plug removal

The canals that I go through have lots of debris. When I went out last time, right engine did not have power due to the debris. Not a good thing when you just entered the intercoastal. Had to cruise on idel for a bit until impeller chopped up debris. After that it was smooth sailing. I guess there is no need in removing plugs. I will give it a try today and see if they come off. If not, well like you said, I'll keep on enjoying the summer. Thanks for the suggestions. Let you know what happens. you enjoy your summer also. be safe.

Comment

Working...
      X