96 gtx runs poor at high rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 96 gtx runs poor at high rpm

You need to find another shop, this one apparently knows nothing...
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

there are internal filters in the carbs that can stop up as well, has the grey fuel lines been replaced, if not that would be a good start point, replace the old grey lines, clean the internal fuel filters out and see if that helps.

Comment

had the same problem with my 96 gti. I changed the gas replaced the fuel filter and put new clamps on the end of the fuel lines. It worked for me. The original clamps were loose fitting. It worked for me

Comment

ok dont know what to try next the shop we use has rebuilt the carbs we took it to the river still dont run good its loading up with gas the shop told me to change the ignition coil it probley isnt geting hot enough spark . we put a new coil on it is no better it didnt die but wouldnt go it acked like somthing was stuck in the impeler but there wasnt where do we go from here any help please

Comment

Please explain what you mean by acted like something was stuck in the impeller.....
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

ok i didnt try it myself my son-in-law took it out he said it didnt die this time it just wouldnt go when i put the trailer back in the water it didnt have enough power to pull all the way on the trailer just didnt seem like the rpm s was there however it did also spit and sputer some

Comment

could be a shot impeller, stripped splines, wear ring is toast, carbon seal is bad... or, something in the motor....

Usually, if the ski revs up but goes nowhere, look at the rear of the ski for your answers.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                X