97 kawasaki 750 sts torque specs for cyclinder and head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 kawasaki 750 sts torque specs for cyclinder and head

Im replacing the pistons and rings on my 750 sts. Does anyone know the torque sequence on the cyclinder and specs on both the cyclinder and head... The cyclinder bolts are 10mm 1.25 thread and the head bolts are 8mm 1.25 Thread. Ive seen the specs on the 95 here but the torque was based on 8mm and 6mm bolts. My engine is the big pin 97 750 sts... Thanks in advance... You can send me a email at keithajacobson@yahoo.com and if anyone has the actual manuel in pdf format that would be even better...
    Thanks, Keith

Re: 97 kawasaki 750 sts torque specs for cyclinder and head

cylinder bolts are 25 ft-lbs, head are 22 ft-lbs, start in the middle and use an X pattern to tighten up.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Hi, I have a 1995 sts 750 with a new sbt motor that will not go past 5600 rpm, what does yours show at wot on the tach?

Comment

My motor revs past 7000 rpm but I think my jet needs some work... It seams to rev alittle high for the actual speed I seam to be going... Id like to find out too whats normal rpm for what speed to get a better idea of how bad my jet really is. My 750 polaris revs at a much lower rpm for the same speed but thet maybe the difference between a 2 and 3 cyclinder..

Comment

Did you check your timing? Also maybe you have a carb issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
            cylinder bolts are 25 ft-lbs, head are 22 ft-lbs, start in the middle and use an X pattern to tighten up.
            Can you please tell me what the crank case torque specs are. Im replacing the seals.... I just bought a bunch of gaskets and seals from you guys....
            97 750 sts kawasaki

Comment

cylinder nuts are 25 ft lbs, case are 22ft lbs and the small bolts are 69 inch lbs
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

On the comment a few posts above about "checking timing". I agree that would be a good thing to check, but I can find no procedure or adjustment on checking the timing on my 1995 sts750..It appears to be fixed with no adjustment potential. Anyone know, is this correct?

Comment

Working...
                X