#2 Cylinder no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 Cylinder no spark

I have a 1100Li with no spark on #2 cyclinder. I swapped the lead wire from the computer output on an adjasent coil to check functionality and got spark so suspect nothing out of the EMM on this coil. I believe each coil is controlled individually as are the fuel injectors but do not know the correlation. I also ohm checked the wire between the coil and the EMM at the harness connection at the EMM for continutiy and found it good with next to no resistance. What type of input is the computer looking for to determine the coil output? How do I check the input side of things to the EMM from the stator/mag/trigger coil side of things? If two coils are working should I assume that the input to the EMM is good? Are there any default modes that would cause a engine proptection by disabling the center coil?
    There is a check engine light with this and the ski starts hard but will start and SLOWLY get up to about 40mph and around 6500rpm...... I did have the stator cover off to replace the bendix drive and there was a single magnet about 2.5 inches long stuck to whatever is attached to the cover. I removed this and put it back in line to its original missing place onto the inside of the ring along with all the other small magnets. Since there was no keyway or detent or anything else to determine their individual position I just assumed that their pupose was to induce a magnetic field.
    I was a calibration engineer for 20 years working on powertrain controll systems so understand that in order for the EMM to function properly it requires certain inputs. I am just hoping that the EMM internal driver for the coil is not fried as these are VERY expensive. What to do next?

Re: #2 Cylinder no spark

I cant help you much with the fuel injected ski, post on Pwctoday .com in the tiger shark area.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X