640/770 engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 640/770 engine swap

I have a 1998 ts770 with a blown engine. I have access to a 640 with a good engine. I will get the entire 640 ski except the jet pump if I want it. My question is, how difficult would it be to put this 640 into the 770? My main concerns are the mounting points,drive coupling and any serious electric issues? I'll have the carbs and intake and exhaust and everything, so whatever I may have to transfer from one to the other is fine so long as I can. I'm not concerned with it being less power or anything like that. I just want it to run to use as a spare ski for guests who are visiting and things like that. My wife and I have two good running ski's we are happy with. Any information would be great! If further information is needed I can try and get it. Thanks in advance!

Re: 640/770 engine swap

i don't know how much your pay for the 640 machine, but to save you a lot of problems you can use SBTs engine exchange program. You send in the bad one they give you a rebuilt one for a cost.

http://www.shopsbt.com/tigershark-je...es/40-502.html

$745.00

Comment

I know I can do that, but I can get the whole 640 ski for $100. I'd rather do a little work and save $645. My only concern is the mounting points for the engine and the drive coupling really. I think anything else I can make work. Thanks!

Comment

Did you ever find out if you can swap engines? I have a 770 that is probably going bad and a good 640 block to swap

Comment

Yes in my case it worked. They are both 1998 TS 770/640. Some things are different but they are minor such as exhaust system and cooling system is slightly different. They are easily corrected with minor modifications. Good luck!

Comment

Did the computer work? Same stator? I am in the same boat you were in. What modifications did you make exactly? I have a good sbt rebuilt engine sitting on the shelf. It is a 640. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 97 monte carlo 770

Comment

i want to swap my 640 out 770... but i dont think it has ever done before cause i have looked it up every where... so i want to do the exact opposite as you guys to get more hp instead of losing ya see

Comment

640/770 engine swap

why would you want to do this? this is like 100x worse than the "can i turbocharge my n52" threads. if your going to do an engine swap, dont use an engine being used on the current model...thats just stupid. drop the e90/e92 m3 engine in there or a e46 m3 engine.
                Some trusted resellers have affordable hovercraft for sale offers in the US.

Comment

Working...
                X