Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First and last purchase from this company!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First and last purchase from this company!

Well let me just say that this has been the worst customer service experice I have had in years!

First I ordered a Kawasaki Ultra 150 cylinder exchange kit on June 28, 2010. Then the next day I get a call saying that I need to send my cylinders in first because they do not have any cores. No big deal I send them 2 day express, they get them on July 1, 2010. That Thursday (7-1) I get a call from SBT asking about the cylinders and what they are for because they came from a different address. I had sent them from my work just like I told the first sales person and they had that address on file for my shipping address. So again, no big deal I tell him what they are for and what I want. He then tells me that it will be 5-7 days before they are shipped out. Again no big deal I knew that from my first conversation with another sales person so I was expecting this. So I wait now from 7-1-10 until 7-12-10 to call back and see why I haven't been billed yet. The person in the phone asks for my account number and I give it to them only for her to say "we dont have anything on order for you". At this point I say enough is enough! I tell her again what I have on order and she tells me that it will be 5-7 days before they go out. I then ask if they can speed up the process because they screwed up and she says "no there is nothing I can do..." So I just say fine. So 2 days later they are billed and shipped out. Im thinking great they did speed it up! Nope they send it Fedex ground and it takes another 5 days to get here! Then when I open the box all of my cylinder studs are missing! So I call back again and talk to someone new again, explained the whole thing again! This guy tells me that its my fault that I didn't remove them and that their website says to remove them. Well I have news for him, no it doesn't say anything about that nor did the 3 sales peopel I talked to say anything about that. I would have removed them had I known that the new cylinders weren't going to come with them! So I say "well is there anything you can do for me on these studs?" He's then tells me that they are $100 for the head and exhaust studs. I say no Im not paying for studs you threw out that were perfectly good. I then tell him that if he can give me a good deal on the studs I will buy them. He says "no I can't do anything on the price of the studs but I can help on the shipping" (Oh great so you can save me $5 on shipping. I'm sure shipping 30 studs would have been super expensive!). So at this point I'm super pissed about how this whole deal has gone done and I tell him that I will just buy them local. Then he tells me that they will be twice as much probably and that I should just buy them from him. I said I'll pass and that was the last I talked to Jerry(customer service rep).

So after calling my local dealer and finding out that I needed way more studs and dowels than what SBT even has to offer I ordered them from the dealer for $155. The local dealer cut me a deal after telling them how shitty my experiece has been with SBT. That's good customer service if you ask me! I can't believe "the #1 PWC engine builder in the USA" couldn't take care of this problem. I've spent 3 weeks screwing around with this trying to save my customer some money and it has been nothing but a huge mistake!

Re: First and last purchase from this company!

Mr Grenfell:

Obviously we are very upset that you had this experience. This is NOT what this company wants any of our customers to experience. We are looking into this to try to figure the step by step issues and develop resolution. We will post with 24 hrs.

SBT Management
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

Mr Grenfell:

Pulling all the paperwork from your transactions:

- We received the cylinders on Thursday, July 1st. At the end of the day the data would have been submitted and been on record. You called on that day before the receipt had been submitted, which is why there was no record of receipt in the books. If you had called Friday the 2nd, there record would have been in the books.

- After the records were put in right before the 4th weekend, a call was made to the number on the return label on Tuesday the 6th (most businesses were closed the 5th). The company that answered said they did not know who you were. The company was Victory Lane. I do not know if you have association with that company or if someone mis-dialed, but it was labeled as a “wait for the customer to call due to inability to contact”

- 4 business days later, the following Monday, July 12th, you called. There had been no record of input since we hadn’t been able to contact you. That’s when you called in to check on the order.

- Regarding the left on parts. Our policy is to make sure customers are aware that any items left on their cores that we do not supply should be taken off. We do not have the capability of tracking hundreds of extra parts in our manufacturing system. Your sales person should have made that very clear, and if they did not I apologize.

- We shipped out the cylinders on July 14th and they were delivered on Monday, July 19th, 3 business days after they were sent (you counted the Saturday and Sunday as shipping days).
      When you called back, it was 12 business days after we had received the cylinders, and the parts were recycled long before your call. Our Warranty Manager tried to explain the policy on extra parts, tried to define the parts you needed, and even offered to pay for the shipping because of your troubles. You declined.

This chain of events was obviously not satisfactory to you, and we wish it could have gone better. Please accept our apologies and know that we are working to improve communications and tracking to prevent the delays and miscommunication you experienced.

SBT Management
      Last edited by Ericka-SBT; 07-28-2010, 07:42 AM.
      Ericka Buczkowski
      SBT

Comment

Yes you did receive my cylinders on July 1st and your company did call "Victory Lane Imports". But what you fail to mention is that I called back that day and spoke with someone and told them they were my cylinders and that I ordered the cylinder exchange kit. Some how that person must have not input the order or something because he told me that day that it would be 5-7 days before they would be sent out to me. Not only that but the shipping address on my account is the shipping address that I shipped my cylinders from. So you should have easily been able to figure out who's cylinders they were even if you didn't call me. Clearly someone was being lazy and didn't even bother checking to see if the address was in your system. If it's not in the system then the first time I placed my order someone did not do their job that day either. I told that person that I wouldn't be home to sign for the package so send it my work address.

All your company does is apologize. Well that didn't help me explain to my customer why I had to buy $170 in studs(I had to purchase 6 more that I didn't order the first time). Team Winnebago Land in Oshkosh, WI has been amazing with helping me get the studs/dowels and they even knocked the price of them down to help me! I didn't even buy anything from them to recieve such great customer service. This is how business is done. Your company can apologize all it wants but at the end of the day you lost a customer due to handling this situation so poorly. I would have been happy had you just been able to sell me the studs for your cost plus shipping but all you wanted to do was sell more parts at full retail and save me $5 on shipping. That $770 I spent with you is the last you will ever see of my money!

Comment

Working...
        X