89 seadoo sp fustrating misfire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 seadoo sp fustrating misfire!

I'm trying to fix an 89 seadoo SP. I believe its suffering from a misfire. Boat seems to run okay out of the water, revs good. In the water it misfires under load. It bogs trying to plane. It will plane out and run around 30-35mph. But the power comes and goes. Compression checked at 140lbs and 135lbs. Cleaned the carb and replaced the diaphragm, needle and seat. Pop off was checked and is correct. New NGK plugs and wires. Checked wires and they are well under spec. Spark is nice and purple. Tryed a different coil and ignition module. Also tried unplugging the rev limiter. Nothing seems to change anything. Any ideas? This ski has no MPEM.

Re: 89 seadoo sp fustrating misfire!

You are running NGK BR type plugs right??? Not just B type?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Yes, BR8ES, brand new. The ski starts up and runs clean for about 15 seconds then starts missing. The warmer it gets the worse it runs.

Comment

try unpluging the rectifier... Yellow wires from the stator, into the elec box.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X