97 GTX Rebuilt with new crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GTX Rebuilt with new crank

Reason I rebuit it was the oil was leaking from the rotary valve shaft hole to the crank. I have got it done and on the lake. Now I have a problem when I try to run full throtle. It runs about 4000 RPM fine go WO and it will jump to 6000 for a second and go back to 4500, then to 5500, to 4500, and then pulsate from 4500 to 5500 till you let off to 4000 then it runs at 4000 fine. Now last fall while I had the case 1/2s apart I got to notice there is a mismatch where the rotary valve port goes through the top case 1/2. It was about 25% blocked, so being a toolmaker I desided to open it and let it breath. A friend told me this was bad and maybe try to open the high speed screws on the carb. So far I have tried 1/8 turn to see and no noticeable improvement. He said that area has something to do with the rave valves and how they reacted. I am thinking I did not rebuild the carbs and it almost acts like it is starving for fuel at the top end. From this small change should I re-jet the carb? How do you tell if it would need re-jetting? Or is just opening the high speed screws enough for this and how much do you do before you try something else. Thanks for the help guys in advance.

Re: 97 GTX Rebuilt with new crank

I desided to rebuild the carbs. The filters in the carbs were 2/3 full. We hit 50 mph this weekend and I think we got over 6000 rpm eyes started to water, no goggles. High speed screw are at closed. I just wanted to pass the word on to the rest with questions.

Comment

Re: 97 GTX Rebuilt with new crank

What's your elevation?? You should be hitting 6800 RPM..
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
      X