99 XP LTD, No nothing at the lanyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 XP LTD, No nothing at the lanyard?

I have no beeps, no chirps, no nothing. Battery is strong, I can go across the solinoid and the starter cranks like craze. I have gone to every plug and dielectric greased them, I went to the fuse by the solinoid and it is good. Oh with all the dielectric grease on my buttery fingers I now have a spare fuse in the hull bottom somewhere (I will retrieve it tomorrow). What are the odds of a pinched electrical line beteen the lanyard and the hinge in the hood. I am about to dismantle it Sunday if I can not find a good way to check it. I had just got the thing running and had it going fine, then poof, no startie. Any help would be great. I got 2 elephants looking to find the grave yard this weekend.

Re: 99 XP LTD, No nothing at the lanyard?

if you push the start button with no lanyard, do the gauges still light up?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

No nothing. Olny thing I found today was a blown fuse on the MPEM, it was the 15 A not the 5 A that everyone has been saying is the Mpem is popped.

Comment

replace the fuse, see what happens. That's the main battery fuse, so if that pops, you have no power.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Replaced the fuse (15 A) in the mpem and still nothing on the the gages or the lanyard. Motor will turn over when shorted across the solinoid. What is the main power line coming to the gages and lanyard, and what if it was shorted. So far I have not had the fuse go bad. Just now nothing on the lanyard or gages.

Comment

open your lid and pull out the bucket... start probing around..

oh yhea, wiring diagrams are here.. www.seadoomanuals.net
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

I found the fuse at the high voltage coils looked good but when checked with an ohm meter is bad. I replaced it and it tried to start for a while and then blew the fuse in the high voltage coils again. the one in the Mpem never blew again. but their must be a short somewhere. Now all I have to do is touch the fuse to the holder and it arcs. I unpluged the plug to the coil in the front of the motor, still arcs. I am unsure of what to try next because the wires all go to the mpem and that is where the schematic stops. Now what dealer land?

Comment

Sounds like your MPEM is fried... You have never tried to jumpstart it off a vehicle have you? never reversed the cables at the battery?
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

The Mpem 5A has never let the smoke out of it. I thought that was the one that said the Mpem was bad. All the fuses on the Mpem have stayed good just the one in the coil box keeps acting like a short. I have pulled all 3 plugs out of the Mpem and the fuse still shows a short. I am thinking I have a pinched wire or short somewhere. I was trying to look in the VTS and am having trouble getting it open. I have 2 service manuals for this 99 xp I have figured out the schematics as far as I can with there being no schematic for the mpem. How do you track down a short if they don't give you the schematic. Thanks for any more help in advance.

Comment

There are wiring diagrams in the back of the manual, but not a circuit layout for the actual MPEM.

Start probing with a multi-meter, it will be either power or ground...
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

So where do you buy a mpem for less than the 800-1000 I have been seeing? I love the sled but I dont know if it pops a 800-1000 dollar board. Any help here would ge greatly appriciated.

Comment

They are all out there used in the 250-400 range. www.pwctoday.com has a sweet classified section.

also, check this one out too.. Not the best board out there, but this guy selling is a good guy.
                        http://www.sea-doo.net/classifieds/t...threadid=36362
                        Dan Solie -
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                        X