Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a salvage yard recommendation

Hello All!

I've been working through problems on my 96 Challenger 787 and discovered my magneto and stator are wrecked - a bolt from the magneto flywheel worked loose and jammed into the stator... Sometime after, the remaining 5 mag bolts sheared off and, well, catastrophic failure resulted...

I'm in the Tampa, Florida area and I'm looking for a salvage yard recommendation or if anyone has a used motor or parts for a 787.

I was looking through all the classified listings but they are all really out-dated, like from 2005-06 and can't find any recent listings.

I am very appreciative of any help that someone can offer.

Thanks! - J

Re: Need a salvage yard recommendation

www.pwctoday.com

it's owned by the SBT (owners of this site)....

There is a HUUUGE Classifieds area in there, and no doubt you can find what you want, locally from a member there.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks Big D!

Comment

Well, here's the update to my situation....

Found a good deal on a used magneto and stator... ebay came through once again! A nice plus was the seller was including all the bolts for both parts.

Worked a great deal and I snatched up the parts. Within 3 days I had them in hand and have since then, gotten my motor back together.

My motor fired up right away but is still only running on one cylinder...

I have spark on both sides, good compression on both (around 160) and there is definitely fuel as the front (mag side) spark plug is wet when I check it after running the motor.

I'm looking for some suggestions at this point... Prior to the initial re-assembly of my motor, I had the carbs cleaned and rebuilt but I'm beginning to wonder if there is an issue with the mag side carb, possibly flooding the cylinder?

Could it be possible if there is an issue with the MPEM or CDI that I would have spark when the plug is removed and checked but not have spark when the plug is installed in the motor?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Comment

I would look at the carbs again, if the pop-off is all messed up then it can make it all messed up.

Also, what happens if you put starting fluid in the non-firing cyl?
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X