jet pump oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet pump oil

is it ok to use amsoil marine gear oil in the jet pump or is there another amsoil fluid that i can use instead of the seadoo oil for my 2000 xp

Re: jet pump oil

I dont know Dsole can tell you best,but I have always hated paying out the nose for overpriced seedoo brand

Comment

i agree with that. i have recently become an amsoil dealer so the price is way better than seadoo brand anything. i already run the interceptor oil and it works great.

Comment

I am also an amsoil dealer and a few years ago I ran the marine gear oil.. The bearings overheated...

I am a firm believer of not using overpriced seadoo oil whenever possible, but when it comes to the pump, I always use the SD stuff...
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

hey there is an alternative to seedoo pump oil?dsolie what is the shelf name of that amsoil pump oil ,thanks

Comment

marine gear oil... but as I said, it burned up the pump...

now, if you are talking about the OIL PUMP (not the jet pump), then interceptor all the way!
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

thanks for the info. i will buy the sd jet pump oil.

Comment

how much oil do i need . i rebuilt the pump so it is empty.

Comment

Until it's full, then, shake it, add some more, shake it, add some more.
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

INTERCEPTOR™ High Performance Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (AIT)
                    A high-performance two-cycle oil with a performance emphasis on exhaust power valves. Excellent for all types of snowmobiles, motorcycles, personal watercraft, ATVs and jet boats. Contains high levels of detergent additives to prevent valve sticking. High quality replacement for manufacturer branded oils. Injector use or 50:1 premix. JASO FC, API TC

Package sizes include:
                    1-Quart Bottle
                    1-Quart Bottles (case of 12)
                    1-Gallon Bottle
                    1-Gallon Bottles (case of 4)
                    16-Gallon Keg
                    30-Gallon Drum
                    55-Gallon Drum

AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR™ Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil is formulated with a proprietary blend of the finest synthetic base oils and additives available today. This unique AMSOIL Chemistry represents a breakthrough development in the field of two-cycle engine lubrication. The backbone of AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR 2-Cycle Oil is a specially developed molecularly saturated synthetic base oil. This, combined with a robust additive package, ensures exceptional lubricity, cleanliness and optimum clean-burning characteristics. Extensive research and testing, including a full snowmobiling season in severe Rocky Mountain applications, has proven that wear on cylinders, pistons and bearings is significantly reduced. And with up to 30 percent more detergency and dispersancy additives than typical two-cycle oils, AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR virtually eliminates hard carbon deposits that cause exhaust power valve sticking, ring sticking and preignition-promoting "hot spots" in the combustion chamber.
                    • Helps prevents hard carbon deposits that cause exhaust power valve sticking and ring sticking.
                    • Superior lubricity controls cylinder, piston and bearing wear.
                    • Reduces smoke and odor associated with two-cycle engines.
                    • Helps prevent plug fouling.
                    • Provides exceptional SAE #4 cold temperature fluidity (-58°F pour point).
                    • Versatile and excellent for all types of recreational equipment.
                    • Protects against rust.
                    • Helps prevent pre-detonation from combustion chamber "hot spots."PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil is formulated with a proprietary blend of the finest synthetic base oils and additives available today. This unique AMSOIL chemistry represents a breakthrough development in the field of two-cycle engine lubrication.
                    The backbone of AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR 2-Cycle Oil is a specially developed molecularly saturated synthetic base oil. This, combined with a potent additive package, ensures exceptional lubricity, cleanliness and optimum clean-burning characteristics. Extensive research and testing, including a full snowmobiling season in severe Rocky Mountain applications, has proven that wear on cylinders, pistons and bearings is dramatically reduced. And with up to 30 percent more detergency and dispersancy than typical two-cycle oils, AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR virtually eliminates damaging deposits on piston skirts, ring grooves and exhaust power valves.
                    APPLICATIONS
                    AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil is recommended as an injector oil or at a 50:1 mix ratio in carbureted, electronic fuel Injected (EFI) and direct fuel injected (DFI) snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles, ATVs and jet boats, including, but not limited to, those manufactured by Bombardier®, Yamaha®, Arctic Cat®, Polaris®, Kawasaki®, Suzuki® and Honda®.
                    It is recommended wherever JASO FC or API TC two-cycle oils are specified. INTERCEPTOR is a premium quality replacement for recreational equipment manufacturers' branded two-cycle oils. It is compatible with most mineral and synthetic two-cycle oils, however, for best performance, mixing oils should be minimized.
                    400,000 Miles of Severe Snowmobile Field testing With No Deposit Buildup, Power Valve Sticking, Ring Sticking or Engine Failures.
                    Subjected to adverse field testing conditions in the Rocky Mountains, including long trail rides, high RPM powder riding and steep hill climbs, AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR demonstrated superior wear protection and outstanding deposit control.

**I know I'm a little late but isn't Yellow a great color? If you have future questions or concerns let me know i will be happy to assist you.
                    David Vain
                    (512) 309-4833 TX
                    (985) 788-0554 LA
                    info@naso72.com
                    www.naso72.com
                    AMSOIL Regency Direct Jobber

Comment

David.... You are not suggesting to this person that he ads Interceptor to his PUMP GEAR OIL are you?!?! That probably wouldn't be wise.
                      Dan Solie -
                      94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Dsolie

You are absolutely correct that I'm not suggesting using the Interceptor Oil. We do not have any product that is compatible for the "Jet Pump. This information was posted so 2000XP can read the latest updated information on this product he is currently using."i already run the interceptor oil and it works great". ". I appreciate your heads up so as not to cause any confusion in regards to this.
                        David Vain
                        (512) 309-4833 TX
                        (985) 788-0554 LA
                        info@naso72.com
                        www.naso72.com

Comment

No problem David.. Just wanted to be clear.. I am also an Amsoil fan and run AIT in all my 2-strokes, as well as all my vehicles. Used to be a dealer, until this year.
                          Dan Solie -
                          94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

What happened to your Dealership? If it is worth anything to you I allow everyone to acquire the products at Wholesale. I work strictly off commission which helps everyone out especially in today's economy. I attached the prices for AIT for you so you can refer to it but as you know there is shipping charges and tax but it is still a good deal. Let me know if you are interested. Once again i appreciate your input.

INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil

Wholesale MSRP
                            AITQT -EA 1 Quart $7.35 $9.50
                            AITQT -CA 12 Quarts $83.55 $112.80
                            AIT1G -EA 1 Gallon $28.85 $37.50
                            AIT1G -CA 4 Gallons $109.80 $148.25
                            David Vain
                            (512) 309-4833 TX
                            (985) 788-0554 LA
                            info@naso72.com
                            www.naso72.com