Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1997 production GSX limited ( white motor) HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 production GSX limited ( white motor) HELP!!!

i just rebuilt this white 951 and there are 2 little nipple on the back side of each cylinder and i have no clue what they hook up to. i have pictures attatched.
    please help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01851.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	256311
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01847.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	256312

Re: 1997 production GSX limited ( white motor) HELP!!!

www.seadoomanuals.net
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

i looked through the manuals and found nothing. here is another picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

odd... I have no clue... Ironically, the 97.5 motor is the only one I have never touched.. Rebuilt the carbs (which are special too).. Welcome to the one off motor that wasn't used for more than a few months.

Call SBT, talk to support.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

yea i did call SBT right before i made the original post, and they too were stumped and told me to send pictures, which i did and i have yet to have a response. :(
          and yes the carbs are totally retarded compared to the silver 951, of which i am quite familiar with.

Comment

Well, it is a holiday weekend. I am sure Tom will respond on Tuesday..

You can also ask your question (make sure to post the pics too) over at www.pwctoday.com it is the sister site to this one
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

i just pulled the 951 white out of the same ski, they connect to a water line that feeds one of the small outlets at the back of the ski under the tie down hook there should be two jet of water shooting out the back when the motor is running

Comment

P.S. dont break one like i did................

Comment

That look like oil injection feed nipple from oil pump.

Comment

page 40 in the sea doo parts book shows the lines but not where they go looked into it more their cylinder drains !!!!!!
                    Last edited by big john; 09-17-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I have never seen those fitting there on any other 951 engines, almost looks like water drains for the cylinders.
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i got the engine all together and hooked up. but i cant seem to figure out why it isnt pumping fuel to the carbs. the carbs are setup correctly by me. i tried a pair of working carbs from another 951 ski in this one but they still dont pump the fuel. so i dont suspect that there is anything wrong with the carbs. also there isnt anything wrong with the fuel lines. they are all brand new and hooked up correctly. if i suck on the in line i can draw fuel up through the line and into my moutn lol. also when i squirt pyrol in the carbs and crank the engine, it runs fine until the pyrol is gone. could there be something wrong with my pulse line?

Comment

Make sure the pulse isn't kinked or have a crack in it. Sure you have the fuel lines hooked up correctly? Fuel turned to ON? (You can still suck fuel through a closed selector switch...)
                          Dan Solie -
                          94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

pulse is brand new, no cracks or kinks. i have tried with the selector on ON and RES, and also i bypassed it (going straight from the baffle to the fuel filter) all the same result. i hooked up all the fuel lines to and from the baffle, fuel selector and carbs according to a diagram on seadoomanuals.net. is there something that could be causing the crankcase to produce a weak pulse?

Comment

Low compression, bad seals, Did you do a leak down test on the case after rebuilding?
                              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X