No Get up and go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Get up and go?

Rebuilt carbs on my 98 See-Doo Gtx Limited, it idles great in the water but doesn't have any get up and go. Pumping throttle doesn't do any good, but it doesn't stall it out. Easing thru on throttle doesn't change anything. Tried pulling out on the choke alittle (very little) while giving it throttle, then it stalls. What about the adjustment screws on the bottom of the carb. ? What are spec. turns on those. Put new plugs in after I rebuilt the carbs. All new fuel lines, cleaned inline filters. Once I got fuel to the carbs. and fired it up for the first time, I did get a very loud backfire, like a shotgun blast. But it cranked up right after that. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: No Get up and go?

How did you rebuild the carbs? What did you set the pop-off to. Which spring did you use in the needle and seat assembly? Screw settings should be lightly closed on the highs and 1-1/4ish open on the lows.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
    X