2006 RXP engine runs but no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 RXP engine runs but no power

2006 RXP SC. I was out riding this weekend, hit a boat wave the engine rmps reved up but then no power to the impeller. The engine will idle and rev up but the boat does not move. Had to tow it in. What did I break? I know the carbon ring on the drive shaft is broke. I ll have to replace that, but what else is broken? Would appreciate any info?
    Thanks
    Barry

Re: 2006 RXP engine runs but no power

That could be all that's broken. A broken carbon ring is a huge air loss to the pump and the pump can't hold pressure. Other than that, stripped driveshaft, stripped impeller, impeller shaft, or even the PTO of the crank could be shot...

You have to pull the pump and driveshaft anyhow so that will answer most of scenarios. Make sure you DRAIN the oil before pulling the driveshaft.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 2006 RXP engine runs but no power

Thanks for the reply Dan.

I have not had the opprotunity to remove the jet pump yet, but that will be this weekends project. I just rebuilt both jet pumps on a friends Yamaha SX230 boat that sat in salt water for a couple of months. Salt water is NOT boats best friend. If I have any questions while performing surgury on the ski I will post them and hope to get a response. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X