2002 Sea Doo GTX RFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Sea Doo GTX RFI

Does anyone know much about these machines? I see one on Craigslist. They claim it needs a new starter. Does the motor need to be pulled to replace the starter? Anything else about this model that I need to know?

Thanks in advance.

Re: 2002 Sea Doo GTX RFI

No it does not, but if it's a FL ski, and not maintained well, you could be opening a can of worms with corroded bolts etc.

The problem with the bad starter for this ski, is that you can't test ride, hear-see it run, do a compression test. You could be buying a blown up ski, and have no way to really check.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 2002 Sea Doo GTX RFI

Thank you Dan. It is in Florida. The guy claims the top end was rebuilt 2 years ago and it has been used in fresh water (of course). You typically can see corrosion if it has been mistreated in salt, right? That is my concern too. Not even being able to compression test it. It is $1500 with a double trailer. That is acceptable if it is just the starter it really needs. This guy claims it was in NY in freshwater. I have now seen more of the story. The guy selling now just purchased it this week for $800 and is trying to flip it. The prior owner had it for 2 years. Ran it in salt and then had it in storage.

BTW - thanks for the answer about the rotary valve question on my 96GTI. I was hoping that the rotary valve plate had stripped on the shaft, but that was not the case. I haven't torn into it yet. I know that the gear on the rotary valve shaft is brass. Is the one on the crank brass too?

Comment

Working...
      X