SBT Universal puller on 97 Daytona 770

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Universal puller on 97 Daytona 770

After trying to get the flywheel off of my 97 Daytona 770 for 3 days, I finally ordered the SBT Universal flywheel puller that was listed when I put in my pwc info. When it arrived, the center bolt is actually too large to go through the very end of the flywheel (just a bit larger than the hole.) Should I grind away a bit of the rim to get a fit into it? Has anyone else run into this problem with the SBT puller? I have read many old threads about pulling the flywheel but no luck in getting it off yet- so any more tips appreciated, especially as they relate to using this puller!

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

SOLVED Re: SBT Universal puller on 97 Daytona 770

After getting some longer M8 bolts to attach the puller to the flywheel, I put two nuts into the center hole far enough to get the center bolt of the puller to push on them. That allowed the center bolt to be just shy of the flywheel itself. A few pulls on the socket wrench and it popped off. The 1/2" steel plate puller sure provided enough support to get it off. Just a tip if you use it on a Tigershark, put a couple of nuts into the flywheel opening to allow the puller center bolt to put on pressure without blocking the flywheel at the same time!

Tim in Tennessee

Comment

Working...
    X