1994 Tigershark 639CC replace piston and reinstall engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Tigershark 639CC replace piston and reinstall engine

I have a 1994 Tigershark 639CC 74HP. When bought thought it was a fuel issue for no start. Replaced diaphrams in carb, still no start. Changed CDI Box, no start. Replaced starter solenoid, finally cranked, no start. Last reort we removed engine and started tearing down. Found #1 piston busted.

If I replace the broken piston what are the odds of being able to get it running. Piston #2 looks okay. Some pitting and piston fragments beat into head. I need the cheapest way to get this thing in running order. I want out of this thing and want to recoup as much money as possible. It needs to run, and run well enough that it will last the new owner for atleast 1 summer.

So I need to know can I replace one piston? Is the head salvagable? If I do this how do we re-install this engine?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: 1994 Tigershark 639CC replace piston and reinstall engine

i have a 97 ts 770 90hp with new motor for sell if you would like a pic i can send it....

Comment

top end kit bore both cylinders check the head to make sure it is true dont halfway do this it will might you in the butt and you may decide to keep it once your done

Comment

cheapest (not best) way is to buy a good used block on ebay, pwctoday,etc.,that matches the good piston(i.e. standard or oversize) and then replace the bad piston. I have done this and it went well. Otherwise you have to bore both cylinders to match a buy a top end kit$$$$.I have a 639 block, but am not sure of the size. just always make sure the bottom of the crankcase does not have debris in it. I am not a big fan of rebuilding after this type of failure without splitting the crankcase.

Comment

Working...
        X