drive shaft removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive shaft removal

I have a 2006 GTX trying to get rear oil pump off . do I need to remove driveshaft. do I need special tools to get circlip off or back on? SBT eng removal guide doesn't show clip

Re: drive shaft removal

A screwdriver and a pair of pliers can remove the clip. You push is back on when re-installing. They are fun! You might have to buy a new one, because they are notorious for flying off an landing where you will not find it for a year+.

But, here is a little advice for you. Since you are having to remove the oil pumps because of the SC failure, you really NEED to pull the motor. There are shavings of the washers and springs in the bottom of the motor. Failing to clean the block properly will result in another chewed up oil pump or compete destruction of the motor. Just my .02 cents.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: drive shaft removal

great advice but i,ve got 1 1/2 of the ceramic washers i'll see what I get from the rear pump then decide. I had the boat serviced 5 hours ago by Riva in Pompano and they said the sc was fine even though everything pointed to sc failure so I ran the washers through the motor pretty good already, the screen in front was loaded. as for the clip i'm still looking, its down there somewhere. I had to reinstall the jet to hold the shaft then I was able to push rearward on the cap, not so hard to do.

Comment

Working...
      X