2004 Seadoo GTX 4-Tec SC won't crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Seadoo GTX 4-Tec SC won't crank

I have 2004 Seadoo GTX 4-Tec SC that won't crank, it only has 52 hours. I had a Seadoo mechanic install the supercharger 100 hr upgrade kit with the metal washers, ran the boat for 45 mins and it stop running. The motor tries to crank but won't, I pulled out the spark plugs, outdrive and tried turning the shaft but it I think I don't have enough torque to turn it. I tried removing the supercharger but the bottom star bolt was strip, it would be the most awkward bolt that would be strip. Does anyone have any solutions on how I would remove the strip bolt? Is it possible that my motor is fried, will I have check the supercharger first to see if there are metal shavings. Do I have to remove the PTO after I remove the SC, any suggestions? Please help Thanks.

Re: 2004 Seadoo GTX 4-Tec SC won't crank

Sounds to me like you are going to need to pull the motor. Something is locked up. With the sparkplugs out and the pump off, the motor should turn to compression cycle fairly easily.

Once the motor is out you can assess the striped bolt on the SC and figure out how to remove it from there. There is a chance that the SC has locked up the motor, but once again, that bolt is a pain to get to, when it's NOT stripped.. Impossible when it is.

Do you have a manual? www.seadoomanuals.net has them for free
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 2004 Seadoo GTX 4-Tec SC won't crank

Originally posted by ezone View Post
      I have 2004 Seadoo GTX 4-Tec SC that won't crank, it only has 52 hours. I had a Seadoo mechanic install the supercharger 100 hr upgrade kit with the metal washers, ran the boat for 45 mins and it stop running. The motor tries to crank but won't, I pulled out the spark plugs, outdrive and tried turning the shaft but it I think I don't have enough torque to turn it. I tried removing the supercharger but the bottom star bolt was strip, it would be the most awkward bolt that would be strip. Does anyone have any solutions on how I would remove the strip bolt? Is it possible that my motor is fried, will I have check the supercharger first to see if there are metal shavings. Do I have to remove the PTO after I remove the SC, any suggestions? Please help Thanks.
      Thanks for your advice, I appreciate your help

Comment

Working...
      X