99 xpltd sbt motor toast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 99 xpltd sbt motor toast

one tooth off on the CB scribe is fine. Always oil the bearings before re-assembly. Replace the outer crank seals if you can, those don't like re-installation. If you have to re-use them, coat the edges lightly with grease to get a tight fit.

Make sure you scrape ALL the old case sealer off and apply only a thin layer of anaerobic sealer. I have never used permatex gasket sealant to join my cases. I prefer ThreeBond 1211.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Just one other thing what if I wanted to change the bearings, just to be sure, I can see how I can get the end ones off but how can get the two middle ones? The only way I can see is that the crank would have to be split??? The connecting rods cant be changed unless u grind the weld off holding the pins right? Wow kinda crazy design you would think they would be made to be removable easy enough....

Comment

Yhea... It will be cheaper to get a new crank than it would be to split the crank, install and index new bearings then re-balance the crank....

These cranks were not meant to be serviceable except by OEM's and people with the right jigs to build these specific cranks.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X