Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GSX NEW Motor issues

background.

Got ski from friend. He did not take great care of it and it was not running. Replaced all fuel lines, rebuilt carbs, new starter, and cleaned out fuel tank. it started up easy. ran for 3 months then blow it up. Was an SBT motor but did not even call as friend never took any care of it.

Ordered a SBT motor and installed it. starts up great everytime. seems fine. Took out on water. runs great but from time to time it would sound rough and would not go over 3k rpms. Local shop guy looked at it and said it was a RAVE value sticking as when he grap it and was hard to go up or down. Call SBT the said to clean them sand them a little to clear and build up, reintall. did that ran great for about 1 hr. then back down to 3k. so called SBT back took pictures of the RAVE and they replaced the one that keeps sticking/missing up. Fixed problem once more but only for about 1 hr or so. Motor has about 5 hrs since installed. The Rave all covered in OIL plug also covered in oil. other plug looks great getting ready to put it up for the winter but would like to have this fixed before then or at least have a plan on getting it fixed before start of next season.

I did double check carbs they are clean and pop off it good. This is a pre-mix machine. I was running seadoo oil but I have now changed to amsoil oil as the group of people I ride with all run amsoil. I have not ran but 1 maybe 2 hrs on amsoil oil so problem before the oil change. Motor will not take full fuel it will when it first starts up but drops back to 3k rans chopy have to kill it and start back up to get it over 3k rpms.

Thanks for anyone that may be able to help.

motor 787 hrs on ski is 87.7 motor since replace is 5.2

Re: 96 GSX NEW Motor issues

You may have a bad seal in the engine allowing oil to leak into the cylinder and cause this issue. Call into tech and ask to speak to Tom. 1877-330-0231
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X