2006 RXP wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 RXP wont start.

Need help please, i bought this ski yesterday and it was starting ok when i bought it, i let it sat over night and now it wont start. It turns over but wont fire up the only thing i did was that the throttle body was stock and i spray some WD40 on the butterfly that holds the throttle cable. Also i check a few things and im pretty shure that i dont have spark but i this point am confuse. Could the landyard key cause a this problem?

Re: 2006 RXP wont start.

Any error codes? Your not pulling the throttle open while trying to start it are you? (holding the throttle open while cranking kills the spark and puts it into oiling mode).

You say the throttle body was "stock".. do you mean STUCK? If so, it might be stuck open, which in this case same thing.. Ski is in oiling mode.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Originally posted by dsolie View Post
      Any error codes? Your not pulling the throttle open while trying to start it are you? (holding the throttle open while cranking kills the spark and puts it into oiling mode).

You say the throttle body was "stock".. do you mean STUCK? If so, it might be stuck open, which in this case same thing.. Ski is in oiling mode.

Yes, it was stuck. Now is no longer stuck since i unstuck it using WD40 and spining the bolt left and right. But i will make shure that is not open. Thanks

Comment

Spinning what bolt? The butterfly and idle set timing is static and set at the factory... You might have messed up your throttle body.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Probably so, i was talking about the nut that holds the piece that the throttle cable is attach to. Do you have an idea how much ill be spending to get this fix at the dealer.

Comment

TB's are not too expensive. I would try and find a used one off of www.pwctoday.com. Probably looking at $200ish?

The main thing is to NOT get a salt water unit. Yours being stuck is common with salt water skis. The bushings swell and lock the butterfly in place.
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Im so lucky i just bought one on ebay for $50 from TX. Never use in salt water. Thanks for your help. By the way i pulled the TBs and notice that the tps was also kind of stuck so i think that is bad.

Comment

The TPS is the sensor that tells the motor where the throttle is. So, if it's stuck, Oil mode...
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Originally posted by dsolie View Post
                  The TPS is the sensor that tells the motor where the throttle is. So, if it's stuck, Oil mode...
                  Is not actually stuck it seems that the plastic tab inside is broken. Any how a new one is on its way.

Comment

Working...
                  X