Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Hull / Motor bogs down

I've got two issues with my 2002 Ultra 130di:

1. I rebuilt the motor using SBT parts, put it back together and it started right up. Problem is that the motor won't rev past 2000 rpm in the water and won't go faster than 4-5 mph. Any ideas for what to check for? I've heard it might be the TPI???

2. The hull has an excessive amount of water in it when I pull it out of the water. Could there be a leak in the hull or the cooling system? How do I check?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Water in Hull / Motor bogs down

Whats the compression on the rebuilt motor? Do you have a leak from an exhaust hose? Leave the ski on the trailer and run it with the seat off and look for leaks.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

OK, I checked the compression on all 3 cylinders. #1 and #3 are at 140psi and #2 is at 135psi. I don't have a shop manual so I don't know what range they should be in but the ski fires right up every time and revs up as high as I want it to when it's out of the water. But in the water it just bogs down. Any other ideas?

Comment

You may have an issue with the exhaust system backing up or timing may be incorrect. You need to find the leak too so keep looking.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X