Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding Cylinder

I have a 1996 SEA
    doo GTX, when I start the engine I have to keep choking out the motor to purge excess fuel from the back cylinder.
    Evenutauly the engine will run properly and I can go down the river. The process takes about ten minutes of choking the engine. Each time I choke it I can go a little further. When the engine operates properly I can run for a long time. When I stop for more than 5 minutes I have to choke a few times and it streightens out. Sometimes after I am able to go down the river the engine will cough a few times but not stall. I was told that I have possibly a pop off problem with the carb or I have a o ring problem with the crank and It is leaking oil on the intake throuth the rotary valve shaft. I'm in the process of checking the pop off pressure. I converted the ski to a fuel premix, I disconnected the oil injection system. Any Ideas? When I start the engine out of the water on the garden hose, It runs for about 30 seconds before It loads up and starts heavy smoking and not running properly. Before I choke it out it won't rev up, I choke it out restart it and it will run for 1 minute before I have to repeat the process. I have a feeling I may be installing a SBT rebuild.

Re: Flooding Cylinder

I would try re-building the carbs first and test them for the correct pop-off pressure also make sure the engine has the correct compression.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Both cylinders have the same compression. When the engine is running properly the boat gets up and goes and will top out at 50 mph. The carbs uere rebuilted by a so called certified See Doo Dealer, I am the third owner of the ski, the previous owner payed the professional to fix the problem, hense he did not follow through. The carbs appear to be somewhat simple I suppose I could get the kits necessary to rebuild again. What Information will be required to have the kits sent through SBT?

Comment

Call with the yr, make and model of the ski and we can get them sent out to you, also purchase a pop-off pressure gauge to set the correct pop-off for your ski.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X