200-2 GTX DI Acceleration Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200-2 GTX DI Acceleration Issue

I recently put a new rebuilt motor into a 2002 GTX DI, Not a SBT. It had set up for a long time. I don't know how old the gas was but I should have drained it but didn't. Just put fresh gas in 93 octane. I also put in new plugs. When I took it out at about 25 mph and 4000rpms it began to skip and then went into limp mode and the Maint. and light were flashing..no beeps. Any suggestions? I don't want to hurt the motor. Should I take it to dealer and have codes looked at or start changing filters, cleaning injectors, etc. Does the DI store codes? Is it something an owner can pull up or can only the dealer?

Thanks,

Re: 200-2 GTX DI Acceleration Issue

New gas doesn't make old gas good again, so try pumping out all of the fuel and pour some new fuel in, install new spark plugs, charge the battery up to a full charge and fire it up. If nothing changes then bring it to the dealer for a check up. Any stored codes can be pulled by the dealer and cleared.
    Last edited by Technical Support; 01-31-2011, 09:00 AM.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Can I just let the fuel pump just pump the gas out into a container or do I need to siphon it?
      Thx

Comment

Whatever is easiest
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X