1996 750 sts oil premix conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 750 sts oil premix conversion

I have a 1996 kawasaki sts 750 thats is hard to start cold because of oil fouling of the plugs. Once it is running there is tons of smoke and excess oil is being used. I want to swap to premix so i have a consistent load of oil. Can i just drain the gas and start using premix and just unhook the oil pump. What will it hurt if i were to leave the oil pump installed but just unhooked? What is a reasonable amount of oil mixture. about 4oz to a gallon? And i hear people talking about a case dump. Is that just the mechanism to drain water from the block?

Re: 1996 750 sts oil premix conversion

40:1 gas/oil mix the case drain can be blocked off, No you cant run on pre-mix and leave the oil pump connected, One or the other.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

no. i would definitely disconnect the lines. but i would just leave the pump mounted with no oil flowing through it so that i do not have to order the block off plate right away. and what is the case drain? for draining the water from the bottom of the block?

Comment

you have to have oil going to the pump if you leave it on the block other wise it can lock up. Yes the case dump is if the engine floods you can drain it out.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X