No announcement yet.

poor idleing/slow start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would the rectifier cause the engine not to go over 4300 rpm's?
    I thought it only had to do with pwer conversion (AC to DC) and voltage regulation...
    ???

Comment

A bad rectifier puts out a bunch of electrical noise that interfers with the ignition, much like if you run non resistor sparkplugs.

A motor will idle fine with a bad rectifier, but will run crappy at higher rpms.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I did a compression check and the 1st cylinder had about 120, and the second cylinder had hardly any compression....what should i do next...thanks

Comment

Hate it when I'm right.

Take it out of the ski and tear it down for inspection.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

the motor i got from sbt is still under warranty and it looks like there is a hole burned in the rear cylinder....will i be able to have this a warranty claim if i send the engine in?

Comment

Why didn't you say that in the first place??

If you removed the head i can overlook it this time, but not if you have disassembled it any further. Had you given us that information I never would have said to tear it down!

Comment

Sorry for not clarifying what i said...i have just taken it out of the ski and not removed the head at all....just by looking in the engine from where the exhaust comes out you can see part of the rear cylinder is burnt....would warranty cover this

Comment

Yes, it's a no-fault warranty.

Comment

Thanks again for all your help...my questions are aways answered quickly..Thanks again

Comment

The only way you burnt a hole in a piston is with a massive air leak, or a completely clogged up carbureator.
                      Bill O'Neal WCM
                      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                      X