carb air leaks---bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb air leaks---bill

bill like i said before i have my mag side spark plug a little greyish with wot but when im idleing it gets coco brown and a little wet, now i said that i have taken off my carbs about 5-6 times to adjust the needles, and one gasket is on the mag carb and the other is on the manifold. can the slightest air leak cause my plug to turn greyish on wot, that;s the only thing i can think is the problem. the gasket is missing a little at the end where the bolts go in. it's right at the tip. and i have never replaced the gaskets on it. i was told to go 1 1/2 out on highs and 1 1/4 on lows, im finding myself having to open them up alot more. my carbs are rejetted with 145 main 75 pilot,2.0 needle amnd seat 95 gram spring.

prok air filters,milled head and rossier pipe. my rpms when i had the high and low speed screws at 1/12 1/1/4 my rpms where really up there about 6930, but like i said i get the greyish color on the plugs when that setting was used. rick from rossier told me to go with that setting so i think it's the bad gaskets.

Jet,

I am pretty sure you should change the gaskets everytime you take off the carbs. It sounds like it is just sucking air at High RPM..and its making it run a bit lean...hence the greyish color one the plug....I would take the carbs off and put new gaskets...on them....its pretty standard from what I hear that those gaskets are a one time use...most people with buy gaskets from WhiteBrothers while tunning since you will take the carbs off many time while tunning and the original is very expenisve to change all the time ..so you can go with the cheaper unitl you got the jetting just right...and then put the high dollar sea doos on there. I would recommend that you put ones on there ASAP.

Cheers,
    Mike

Comment

NEVER reuse a damaged gasket.

Replace the gaskets.

What motor do you have? It helps me to know what engine you are tuning???

Obiviously, if you replace the gaskets and it still requires at least 1.5 turns out on the highs, you need larger main jets.

Brown plugs at idle speeds means the idle is set correctly. It doesn't mean much else and you still can be off at higher rpms.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

i mean that i ran the 96xp 800 at 1/4 throttle for 2 minutes and then cut the power and pulled the plugs, they looked nice and brown, so bill i shouldn't have to set my highs out 1 1/2 turns out u want less then that? i have 145 in the main jets, and 75 pilots 95gram spring 2.0 needle and seat

Comment

When you are jetted correctly, your highs should not be out more than 1/2 turn.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

so what size should i go up with bill, i have the rossier pipe and rick told me to go with those jet sizes and fine adjustments on highs and lows.

Comment

Try 150's?
              Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

Working...
              X