94 SPX...no thrust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 SPX...no thrust

Ski will idle fine but as soon as i give it throttle the engine will rev up fast and bounces off the limiter..it wont build any thrust... it moves at idle speed..i replace the wear ring..i have shecked the drive shaft...splines are good on both ends..i havent pulled pto but if that wa bad there would be wear on the shaft right? it seems like its sucking more air than water any help would be appreciated

Re: 94 SPX...no thrust

Did you install the black rubber bumpers on the ends of the drive shaft? With out them the shaft may move back and not engage. is your shaft seal nice and tight to the carbon seal, if not you maybe sucking air into the pump.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Did you install the black rubber bumpers on the ends of the drive shaft? With out them the shaft may move back and not engage. is your shaft seal nice and tight to the carbon seal, if not you maybe sucking air into the pump.

|

Comment

how do you check the carbon seal?..also i didnt install the shaft..ive had the ski 5 weeks,,,what i see is the shaft from the motor w a rubber boot..not a bumper,,a 3 inch space of open shaft then a grease fitting then 5 inches of rubber hose w screw clamps

Comment

If you remove the drive shaft there should be bumpers pushed into either end of the shaft.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

its not the shaft..i pulled it and is good...the carbon ring looks pretty nasty from the back side..lots of corrision ..could this be the issue? it feels like its sucking air

Comment

94 should have the carrier bearing, where there is a grease fitting on top of it. This is right where the driveshaft goes through the hull to the outside. Common on those to fail and pretty easy to replace / repair.

Put it in the water, on the trailer and tie it down well. Pop the seat, start it up and watch. If water is pouring in from the thru-hull while giving it throttle, there is your problem.
              Dan Solie -
              04 RXP (the "Instigator")
              94 xp (freestyle mods)
              95 xp (faster than the 94)
              JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

stator filed straight, prop good, carier seal new, new rubber bumpers, completly disassembled and all wearable parts replaced,...still same issue....there is some propulsion...enough to see prob 12 feet behind ski...is there a clutch at the fly wheel that slips..?

Comment

correct impeller? wear ring in tact? clearance between wear ring and impeller? Pics of the pump/impeller/wear ring? Pump sealed to shoe?
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

i think so the impeller was on there whe i got it it looks like the stock...its stamped seadoo, it was working fine then just stoped...wearing is brand new...clearance is good...maybe the a few sheets of paper...one of the vanes was bent i filed it down a bunch today and it is straight as its gonna get...and the sealed shoe? are you spesking of the little rubber fitting wher the shaft goes in....that seems tight it creates a vaccum when i put my finger to greese it..ill try to get pics up tomm..after i take it apart again

Comment

any suggestions where to take it just so i can get a solid opinion ?

Comment

I am really curious about this stator straightening you did. They are supposed to have a little curve to them. The sealed shoe. Where the pump itself mounts via the 4 studs to the "pump shoe". That should be sealed with an RTV, or, if you are daring, and Ultra-Black.
                        Dan Solie -
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                        X