2000 stx di

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 stx di

I purchased the ski in 2006. It spent the good deal of time in salt water before I got it. The second 2008 season I had it, the shaft tube came loose and she sank to the handle bars. Was only down for about an hour. drained, fired up and all seemed to be ok. 2009 would not start in the spring (stored on the back of houseboat). Towed home, messed around with it for days finally started and ran the rest of the season. 2010, had several times when it would not start after shutting down hot. Assumed it was vapor lock. 2011 changed fuel filter and new plugs and took for a run. Ran great speedo hit 52 MPH. About 15' from dock, check engine light came on, ski stalled and would not restart. Again, towed to ramp, put on trailer and towed home. Would not start 4 hours later once home, but started and ran fine on a hose the next day....

Do I have a basket case? I have no idea were to start looking for issues. I am getting the feeling that I should trade this in on a new stx 15f...

Re: 2000 stx di

new info... Checked the cooling system water flow and it seems to be good... Quickly removed several hose while running on flush out and had good flow. Then removed hose from top of exhaust elbow and blow with compressed air and there did not seem to be any resistance. put hose clamps back on and started and let run for 10 mins or so did good. Stop and restarted a couple of times, no issues. Shut her down and wash and dried the ski. Tried to start 30 min later and no luck. two hours later still no luck. Every time this happens, it will crank for a second or two and then the warning light comes on and the low battery indicator flashes. I am 95% sure that if I try to start it in the morning, it will fire up no problem. Ideas?

Comment

If the battery voltage goes below 10.5 while cranking it will not start. Sometimes its just a battery issue, check your cranking voltage. Also keep in mind the ski did sink at one point and the electrical harness may have intermitten issues.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the info... It only does it once the motor is hot. if the ski is cold, I do not get the warning light and low battery indicator... Any ideas?

Comment

Check the cooling hose that runs through the computer, make sure its clear.

Comment

I have checked all the hose and blown compressed air through the system. Seems to flow fine and gave the ECM cooling extra attention and seemed to have good flow. I wanted to check the battery cables where the bolt to the starter and block, but cannot get a wrench on the postive cable. Do you have to remove the manifold to do this?

Comment

I dont know you might have to.

Comment

Working...
              X