lost spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost spark

had the 96 montego running (sporadically) and then the spark just left both cylindres. do I just take an expensive guess and try a cdi box? Is there any way to get the values (specifications) to test electrical components with an ohmmeter? cannot find source for manuals. also, installed new rings, but only one new piston. first try, the old piston w/ new rings had low compression and the new "outfit" was good. switched rings (pistons went back into same jugs) and now it is the opposite- new piston has lower compression and old one is ok? maybe a problem with that new set of rings?

Re: lost spark

Try this link for a service manual. They are kinda pricey $54.00, but I bought one for my TS1000. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.net/pa...ES/50982/72918
    As far as electrical, check the magneto for corrosion, try cleaning it along with the coil. Electrical problems are not easy to pinpoint
    for sure.
    98 TS1000R and 99 TS770, stock

Comment

Re: lost spark

I have a "classic" example of a person looking at the timing cap and associating it with an oil cap. The magneto had oil in it. And I had spark!??! Cleaned it up with QD cleaner and re-assembled. Did not notice any corrosion. Coil looks good. Solenoid acts up as well.

Comment

Working...
      X