95 TS Daytona Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 TS Daytona Problem

I have a 95 Daytona. It will run great for a short time all through the powerband. After slowing it will then bog and barely go past idle speed. Let it sit for 45 minutes or so and again back to full power and the same result. This is driving me nuts. I have replaced plugs, fuel and filters, electronic boxes..... any ideas?

Re: 95 TS Daytona Problem

Check to see if your fuel tank is holding slight pressure, it should, if not you could have a bad check valve.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Would this cause this after running and warming up, then cause a loss in power, then allow it to sit and run good again?

Comment

If the tank is building too much pressure because the check valve is stuck closed it will push fuel past the needle and seat and flood out the engine, this would normally happen if the ski sat in the sun for a while and the tank expanded, you end up filling the engine with fuel. If the check valve is stuck open and you have no pressure in the tank you can loose your prime in the fuel system and it will seem like your running out of fuel. The tank should always hold about 1.5 lbs of pressure.

Comment

maybe a temp censor

Comment

Thanks, I have replaced the temp sensor. Where is the fuel check valve? Is it inside the tank?

Comment

Its a vent check valve, comes off a hose on top of the tank.

Comment

Working...
              X