Cylinder base gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder base gaskets

Hi all I have a 1995 Seadoo HX I purchased this machine in May of this year. I rode it for 6 hours and the crank seized solid , I have had the engine rebuilt three times since and they all last between 6 and ten hours. It seems the problem starts at the cylinder base gasket and then starts missing like crazy eventually one of the cylinders dies and their is water on the plugs. Please Help any advice is much appreciated.

I'm not sure anyone can give you any advice without knowin a LOT more detail, like how EXACTLY it was setup and what was done to it...
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the reply the engine is totally rebuilt ,new crank,bearings,pistons 2nd bore,shaved heads and so on It is 717 cc.

Comment

Are the cylinders in-round? Piston clearnace? Ring gap? What brands? Was the engine pressure checked? What compression and squish? Fuel octane used? Any other mods? What happened to the original engine? What do the pistons look like after it seizes?
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Sounds like he is blowing base gaskets, which lets water into the motor.

Have you tried having the case and clyinder bases machined to get a flat surface ?

You might try using Honda Bond to seal the base gasket.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Hi Bill Thanks for the reply , It sounds like you have nailed my problem I will give your advice to the machineshop thanks for the help I hope this finally ends my nightmare. By the way I do have an aftermarket pipe on this machine and the manufacturer is AMERICAN PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING I was thinking this pipe was producing to much back pressure and blowing out the gasket. Any thoughts on that one?

Comment

I doubt that the pipe is causing your problem. That much back pressure would be coming back through the carbs........
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Who keeps building the motor?

Comment

Working...
                X