Sltx 1050 97 model. Fuel issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sltx 1050 97 model. Fuel issues.

Having throttle response issues and bogs down. No full throttle. I completely cleaned out the carbs. How do you know If fuel pump is working. I took off all hoses to tank and nothing comes out when cranked. Where is fuel pump located and how do you test? Also, it is a 2 line and 1 vent system on top of the tank. 3 hoses. One is the air, one goes to water separator then on/off switch then to carbs 1 and 3. The other goes to carb 2. No gas is going to the fuel/water separator. Maybe the hoses are mixed up on top of the tank. I'm not 100% sure the fuel pump was working before I took the carbs apart but I know I was having fuel problems before. It does have grey lines on it. What does that mean? I hope not to confuse you but I'm trying to give all information I can think of. Thanks

Re: Sltx 1050 97 model. Fuel issues.

1 is fuel in, 1 is fuel return and 1 is the vent. The fuel pumps are mounted to 2 of the carbs, pulse lines go from the crank case to the back of the fuel pumps. Run a direct fuel supply line from the tank to the carbs, bypassing the water seperator and fuel selector valve. If you look carefully you can see the sending unit is labeled for what nipple is for what hose.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

How do I know if the pumps are working or not.

Comment

Ok did what you said and bypassed. Finally got it to crank. Do I hook it back up normal now? Thanks again

Comment

Some place along that line you are sucking air, replace all the items between the tank and carbs or keep the direct line and install a watercraft fuel filter in line.

Comment

ok water tested today and still cutting in and out. i have replaced all fuel hoses. someone told me today that ethonal ruins your diaphrams. how do you know if they are bad? also,how hard is it to replace the plug wires? the short wire came out of the boot at the end of testing. i hard wired it to the plug to finish testing and still was cutting out. so i dont think that is it. anymore suggestions.

Comment

Any response to the last question?

Comment

Carbs should be rebuilt or inspected every 2 yrs. If you have not done this yet then its time.

Comment

I have clenaed and rebuilt carbs. It still hesitates to take off and then constantly cuts in and out. Like it is missing. What else can i try? Compression is 110, 105, 105 if my gage is right.

Comment

your compression is low, it should be up around 135 or better

Comment

So how do I fix compression. Do you think that is the issue.

Comment

If your compression gauge is correct then yes the low compression can be the problem. Did you try new spark plugs and double check your compression.

Comment

Working...
                        X