SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

From
    NENC

Default Simple wear ring replacement for SBT jet housing with replaceable liners.

I don`t know if this info is here already, if so Moderators please delete or move...

Here is a simple way to replace the liner in SBT`s jet housing with replaceable plastic wear rings. I`ll use this 66V GPR housing as an example, but should be the same results for others. I have also done this with the seadoo jet pumps...

Remove the wear ring housing from the ski, clean up all sealant and housing. Place the housing in a vice or suitable holding fixture. Use a hacksaw to cut a perpendicular cut thru the liner being extra cautious not to nick, or cut into the aluminum housing. When cut thru, simply place a small flat driver between the liner and aluminum housing to release the liner. Pull out the liner... Clean the inside of the housing with scotchbrite pad or wet/dry paper (220-360 grit will work with soapy water) You just want to get any oxidation or corrosion that occurs between the housing and delrin liner off. After all is good, clean, and smooth, make sure the housing is completely dry. I usually use a 5 gallon pail filled with water and marine spraynine, or similar to clean... When completely dry place the housing and new liner in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
    Have a flat surface handy, I used a metal plate, but good kitchen counter or similar will also work. Immediately after removing from freezer place the housing transom side down onto flat surface and grab the new liner and drop it into the housing. It will drop right in easily, make sure it is flush with the edge of the housing towards the transom side. As the liner and housing warm up to room temperature the material will expand and the liner will be tight in the housing... Your done, install the housing on your ski as per shop manual. good luck!

As the liner warms up it will sweat, as you can see it is quite frosty in the pics. I`ll use my compressed air to blow off some water and also out of the threaded holes then place in the garage until ready to use...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4385.JPG 
Views:	445 
Size:	460.5 KB 
ID:	3464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4387.JPG 
Views:	438 
Size:	469.9 KB 
ID:	3462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4389.JPG 
Views:	418 
Size:	442.7 KB 
ID:	3465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4390.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	440.9 KB 
ID:	3466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4394.JPG 
Views:	419 
Size:	459.9 KB 
ID:	3461  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4393.JPG 
Views:	391 
Size:	459.1 KB 
ID:	3463  
    1998 SeaDoo Challenger 1800

From
    NENC

Default Re: Simple wear ring replacement for SBT jet housing with replaceable liners.

>>> If your nervous about cutting the liner out, you could also probably place the whole assy in the freezer and I`ll bet the old liner will just fall out, only thing to be careful of is make sure the housing is completely dry of water or any moisture...Aluminum is porous...
    1998 SeaDoo Challenger 1800

From
    SBT

Default Re: Simple wear ring replacement for SBT jet housing with replaceable liners.

Andy, Great tech tip, thanks for adding to the section.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Thread Information