FICHT - no spark, no fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FICHT - no spark, no fuel pressure

This is in regard to a 1999 tigershark TS 1100 LI with FICHT. I am hoping anyone with a similar system can offer some suggestions.

I ordered the computer cable and software to read info from the EMM. Upon hooking it up everything seemed normal, I was able to read any codes, clear codes, and run various test. I ran a test for each injector, each ignition coil, etc... All the test appear to work normally. When I disconnected everything and tried to start the engine it will not fire and the fuel pump did not prime the line as it normally does. I double checked all the wiring and everything is plugged back in as it was. The I hooked it back up to the computer again, and all the previous tests still work when in the diagnostics software. Engine still doesn't fire when back to normal state. Is there anything special you have to do after using the diagnostics software? Is it possible I somehow fried my EMM during this test?

Regards,

-Inet

Re: FICHT - no spark, no fuel pressure

I dont think you fried the EMM, see if the fuel pump runs when you put power to it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

with a fully charged battery: no fuel pump, no spark, no injectors firing

Comment

Call D.F.I industries, 1866-298-1510 see if they can help, They are the FITCH repair guys.

Comment

I continued looking at the wiring the weekend and did not find anything abnormal. After deciding to look at the EMM more closely I found the gel inside to be bubbled up on the rectifier board.

See picture: http://www.pwcweekly.com/attachment....1&d=1283550055

The two yellow surface mount capacitors on the left had a brown hole in both of them. When trying to start the ski, they would begin smoking. I could replace them, but am not sure if they are the culprit, or the result of something else which has gone wrong. I am still able to interact with the software and perform all of the following test from the laptop successfully: fire spark plug, fire injectors, run fuel pump, read ECU data, reset any present codes, drop cylinder tests.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Contact D.F.I see if they can help you.

Comment

Re: FICHT - no spark, no fuel pressure (FIXED)

Two tantalum capacitors and it fired up on the first try.

10uf, 35v

KEMET|T491D106K050AT|CAPACITOR TANT 10UF 50V, 0.8OHM | Newark.com

Comment

Re: FICHT - no spark, no fuel pressure (FIXED)

Great info.

Comment

[QUOTE = inetquestion; 165892]这是关于1999年具有FICHT的tigershark TS 1100 LI。我希望有类似系统的人可以提供一些建议。

我订购了计算机电缆和软件,以便从EMM中读取信息。把它挂起来似乎很正常,我能够读取任何代码,清除代码 ,并进行各种测试。我对每个喷油器,每个点火线圈等进行了测试......所有测试似乎都能正常工作。当我 断开所有东西并尝试启动发动机时,它不会起火而且燃油泵没有像通常那样起动线路。我仔细检查了所有的布线, 所有的东西都按原样重新插入。我再次将它连接到计算机上,所有以前的测试在诊断软件中仍然有效。当恢复正常 状态时,发动机仍然不会点火。使用诊断软件后,您有什么特别的事吗?在这次测试中我有可能以某种方式炒我的 EMM吗?

此致,

-Inet [/ QUOTE]

You can refer to this above: https://www.allicdata.com/blog.html
                  Hope it helps you

Comment

Working...
                  X