Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Fogging Necessary For Winter Storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fogging Necessary For Winter Storage?

Hello everyone. Happy Friday. So a quick question or two. I have a pair of 1996 Polaris SLT 780's that I just got restored and was wondering if fogging is required this winter. These will both be stored in my closed garage and will not be exposed to the outside elements. I live in Texas so tempartures usually are pretty mild all things considered. I have planned to just crank them up twice a week throughout the winter instead of fogging but was wanting some input.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Is Fogging Necessary For Winter Storage?

If you are going to start them a few times each month then just add fuel stabilizer but disconnect the battery and keep it trickel charged between starts.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok, so as far as charging the battery. I have to disconnect it before charging? I was under the impression that I just hooked up my battery charger/maintener directly to the battery with it being still hooked up?

Comment

Even with the battery connected it may have a slow drain on it, always best to disconnect it. Also it appears if you leave the battery connected for a period of time the battery may cause a spike in the electrical system and blow the fuse going to the MFD. Fuses are cheap but no reason to keep replcing them. It happened to mine a few times now so I disconnect when I'm done riding it.

Comment

Good tip, and always disconnect the battery before charging.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X