installing D plate in 2006 GP1300R fuel injected waverunner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing D plate in 2006 GP1300R fuel injected waverunner

I have a 2006 GP1300R fuel injected non power valve. I wanted to install a D Plate to eleminate the cat. I was advised that if I want to install a D plate, because it is a fuel injected unit without the power valve system, that I would need to purchase a RIVA EFI Control module from RIVA. Without the control module the engine will run to lean and cause the engine to eventually seize. True or false?

The control module is $380.00. If true, I will just leave the cat in it.

Please let me know the facts on this issue.

Re: installing D plate in 2006 GP1300R fuel injected waverunner

Originally posted by 8kgold69 View Post
    I have a 2006 GP1300R fuel injected non power valve. I wanted to install a D Plate to eleminate the cat. I was advised that if I want to install a D plate, because it is a fuel injected unit without the power valve system, that I would need to purchase a RIVA EFI Control module from RIVA. Without the control module the engine will run to lean and cause the engine to eventually seize. True or false?

The control module is $380.00. If true, I will just leave the cat in it.

Please let me know the facts on this issue.
    False!!! many many EFI ski`s running a D Plate and no EFI controller. I for one am using the D plate currently. The D plate simulates the exhaust back pressure to maintain correct sonic wave and flow without the added heat of the cat con. Most do this before the cat fails, but it is a great replacement/performance gain when the cat does fail.
    The Euro model 1300 GPR don`t have the same strict emissions we have here in the states and they already have the factory D plate installed... That`s where this product came from and sold by 2 aftermarket companies.

I don`t think those euro models are using a Riva EFI controller!!!
    It is False!!!

Now, If you gut the airbox and all the tubing and silencers and use a FA, remove the sound suppression in the exhaust and use a FF you may experience a bog down low or even a more pronounced bog in the mid range. This is where "your" particular ski may need an EFI controller to fatten up the AFR. Altitude, average riding temps would also contribute to this affect. NOT all ski are the same.
    so in answer to your question, if you are just installing the D plate (and a resistor chip, replied to in your other thread) you will not need the EFI controller sold by Riva. That is a statement to cover their arse...
    D Plate> great cat replacement part when used solo... Add some more parts or mods then you will need to TUNE your ski to keep it running it`s best...
    1998 SeaDoo Challenger 1800

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply and appreciate the info. My other question is, when I removed the cat and installed the D plate I also disconnected the sensor, located on the exhaust pipe right behind the cat and put a chip in where the wire connector plugs in by the hose flush adapter. After running the ski for about 15-20 minutes the check engine light comes and starts to beep. If I turn the ski off then restart it the light stay out and ski runs great. But I have to do this every time I start it after it has been sitting for 30 minutes or longer.

Does the 2006 GP1300R w/FI NON power valve take a different chip than an older 1300R/1200R that is carb w/power valves?
      Should I just plug the O2 sensor back in and see what happens?

Comment

Thanks for the reply and appreciate the info. My other question is, when I removed the cat and installed the D plate I also disconnected the sensor, located on the exhaust pipe right behind the cat and put a chip in where the wire connector plugs in by the hose flush adapter. After running the ski for about 15-20 minutes the check engine light comes and starts to beep. If I turn the ski off then restart it the light stay out and ski runs great. But I have to do this every time I start it after it has been sitting for 30 minutes or longer.

Does the 2006 GP1300R w/FI NON power valve take a different chip than an older 1300R/1200R that is carb w/power valves? YES...
        Should I just plug the O2 sensor back in and see what happens?
        all 1300`s whether PV or Non PV are all EFI ski`s. 2004 and earlier used the aftermarket chip. 2005+ use a 2.2k resistor The aftermarket chip is not for your year hence you need to fabricate one. I have only heard of a very few ski`s not needing any chip. You could just try it and see what happens. If you still get the alarm you`ll need the correct value chip...
        Read this "How To" here>, you`ll need to register in order to view... ISLAND RACING FORUM

sigpic

Comment

HEY
          Thanks for the info on the chip. I when to the Island Racing Forum and made a chip for my ski.
          Works great, used all weekend during Labor Day holiday. Appreciate the help.

Comment

HEY
            Thanks for the info on the chip. I when to the Island Racing Forum and made a chip for my ski.
            Works great, used all weekend during Labor Day holiday. Appreciate the help.
            Awesome! Glad it worked out for ya!
            My original build thread is there for the "Victim of Changes" GP1300R, hee hee,,, and I`m still running both custom made resistor chips...
            Ride on Brotha! Ride on!

sigpic

Comment

Great info from the Pale Rider.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
              X