Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WRA650 With WVT700 Engine Swap - Cooling Path / Water Line Routing Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRA650 With WVT700 Engine Swap - Cooling Path / Water Line Routing Help?

I recently pulled the 700cc engine from my 1995 Wave Venture 700 (WVT700) and put it into a 1996 Waverunner III (WRA650). I did this because even tho the Wave Venture was fun it was a bit to slow and bulky. The jet pump was not in the best shape (No Fast Acceleration) and neither is the body. I am a big guy and I loved the buoyancy and stability of the Wave Venture but don't want to sacrifice fun/performance. The Waverunner III has not seen water in 10+ years and I had no idea of the condition of the jet pump. Took a few hours and some beers but I got the engine in and took it out. Luck my, the jet pump works great and tons of acceleration! It a little tipsy and the weight seems to be way to far to the rear but its much much more fun the drive! It did take on a good amount of water. I am not sure if its a leak in the water lines, the hull, or an area where components enter (drive line bearing/seal, steering rod) but I have some tests to figure that out.

My post today is reguarding cooling. I can not find the information I am after in my repair manual, google, or this site. I am wondering how exactly the cooling path flows. I think there is some difference between the VRA650 engine and the WVT700 engine as the nipple coming from the upper portion of the exhaust is large and goes directly into the head on the 700 and its tiny and would not supply the head enough water on the 650. So does the water actually flow out the exhaust system on either or both original setups? Right now I have the water feed going to a T-fitting then one going to the cooling water intake nipple on the lower portion of the exhaust (this is the same on both engines) then the other one going to the head. Nothing is hooked to the small nipple on the upper part of the exhaust (exhaust gas comes out not water) .. So what is the correct cooling path I should set up? thanks

Re: WRA650 With WVT700 Engine Swap - Cooling Path / Water Line Routing Help?

Dont understand how you have it set up but, water flows into the exhaust manifold, around the cylinders then into the head, out the nipple on the back top of the head into the pipe.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok so the nipple on the head is defiantly a spend water exit not another fresh water input. On my 700CC engine it has a nice big nipple on the muffler that got rid of the spent cooling water into the exhaust but the muffler from the 650 does not have this nipple (yet the 650 head has a large output nipple.. It was not installed when I got it so I don't know where the hose went) the 650 muffler has only one small nipple where the large one is on the 700 muffler. There is a small nipple and large nipple on the head as seen here Yamaha Waverunner III 650 3 Head | eBay and I am almost certain the small nipple on the muffler is for the small nipple on he head. That still leaves no place for my spent cooling water from the head to flow. Up until now I had the fresh cooling water router into the exhaust manifold nipple AND THE HEAD (think it all flowed out the exhaust manifold some how) but I see now that is not correct and I was not getting any cool water flow.

Is there maybe a large nipple on the exhaust / muffler I am missing on on the water box? Thanks

Comment

I can see in this image that the large nipple on the head is not going into the exhaust... is that maybe a fresh water line or maybe router to the nipple that drips/sprays over the drivers left foot?

Comment

And this one does not even have the small nipple.. but where is that large nipple on the head connected? Thanks

Comment

OK I think I figured it out. There is another nipple real deep in the hull. Then the head hooks to the nipple up top. Then I just plugged the small one in the exhaust. Were all good. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X