2003 1100 di

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 1100 di

Hi guys, this is my first post after stumbling over the forum. I've been searching the web trying to help a buddy with an 03 1100 DI that has a rather strange issue that I think is a failed or faulty ECU. The engine will not start until you remove one of the fuel lines, doesn't matter if it's pressure or return. After removing the line it will start momentarily then sputter out. All ancillary items have been checked or replaced, fuel pressure is around 38psi, new plugs, new TPS, fuel filter etc. I know zip about ski's, but IMO it starts after the fuel line is removed only because fuel is discharged into what seems like a port in the casting that allows fuel into the engine. When trying to start you can hear the injectors clicking away, and there's circuit to every injector. If I remove the injectors and spay fuel or engine starter it fires up immediately. To me it suggests that while the injectors are opening they're not opening at the correct time and therefore the message is wrong (to the injectors). Has anyone experienced this before, and if so what was the outcome?

Kind regards, Maurice

Re: 2003 1100 di

You may have sheered the flywheel key and it is now out of time. Pull the flywheel and see if the key is in it place.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X