No mid range transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mid range transition

I finaly get my ski (SL 900 1996)out on the water and I am finding that I have problems getting the rpm up. I know all three sets of carbs I have, have bad acceleration pumps and I don't under stand why.
    So, naturaly if I wing the throttle I get a bog, but if I bring the throttle up at a medium speed it will accelerate too 3400 rpm, but this is not enough fuel to get it into the high speed jet. If I run the ski directly into the wakes until I get the jet out of the water the rpm's jump up and I can get full rpm and speeds to 52 mph. but without hitting a wake it will stay at 3400 rpm all day.
    Is there a known problem and a fix for these acceleration pumps? Also I have been told if I increase the pilot jet size by two steps I won't need the acceleration pump, but will this make the transition to the high speed jet when accelerating?
    Any tips on a fix.

Re: No mid range transition

Many people have the same issue with the accelerator pumps not working properly, I have done the jetting increase also and it works fine.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: No mid range transition

I think I found the problem. The rear plug has not been firing.
      I tested the coil and the stator with the folowing results:
      Coil: .5 ohms, .5 ohms, 18 ohms
      Stator: red wire 7.7 ohms, blue wire 7.7 ohms, green wire 1.8 ohms.
      Would you say the stator is bad, or could it be a bad wire or magnet?
      The stator is the original and I can buy the upated stator kit # 2873091, but it would do me no good if I can't find a coil.
      Do you know if there is a coil off some other motor that would work, or maybe where I can find one?

Comment

Working...
      X