polaris sl1050 fuel problems help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaris sl1050 fuel problems help needed please

hey all im new on here and new to jet skis, i live in wales uk and like this site so far looks really helpful,

i have a polaris sl1050 jet ski, brought it 6months ago and been on it twice, 1st time went out for 4hrs no problems at all, 2nd time went out for 1hr and the engine wouldnt turn over etc, stripped it down and realised the crankshaft woodruff key had snapped, i replaced thye key and put it back together and it would turn over lovely but no spark, so i stripped it down and found a wire had come off the stator so i soldered that back on and i now have a strong spark,

i went to start it and it starts 1st time and will idle but once you push the throttle it sounds like it is struggling for fuel, i stripped carbs down and gave them a clean and tryed again but still the same, tryed new plugs aswell,

need help as want to get it sorted before the winter as we have bad weather in winter and want to use it a few more times,

thanks all for a reply in advance dan

Re: polaris sl1050 fuel problems help needed please

Dan it could be a bunch of different things, The timing maybe incorrect, stater is no good, fuel delivery is poor but the best thing to do is get a factory service manual and start trouble shooting.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X