1999 Tigershark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Tigershark

Hello, I am looking at buying a 1999 Tigershark from Michigan and I live in Fla. The only thing is the current owner has misplaced the title and I believe he has not signed it over to his name from the previous owner, just took it. Current owner was just going to use the ski for the engine and that's it. I want to redo the ski but am not sure if this title thing will work out and all. Does anyone have any experiences like this?
    I asked him if he knows the previous owner or his contact info but he is looking into that. I was thinking I could apply for an abandoned title as long as the HIN number came up clean.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    98 TS1000R and 99 TS770, stock

Re: 1999 Tigershark

If you have the title open with no buyers signature and no lien on it just sign as the buyer and you’re done.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 1999 Tigershark

The abandoned title procedure costs over a hundred dollars as you have to advertise in local papers, etc. I did it many times. And you have to list the legal owner in the court papers. Contact the state agency where it was last registered and they will give you the owners info from the H.I.N., may be a slight charge. This has worked for me in PA and MD. Then contact that person and they can apply for a lost title (duplicate) and then sign it over to you. It can happen, but that person has to be in a cooperative mood obviously.

Comment

Working...
      X