Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 GTX Ltd oil pump block off -- now insufficient tesion to return throttle to idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 GTX Ltd oil pump block off -- now insufficient tesion to return throttle to idle

I recently removed the oil pump and installed a block off plate on my 1998 GTX. Now I have very little tension on the throttle and it does not return to idle on its own. I removed the cable from the carb to the oil pump. Is there a thread on this. Do I need to install an additional return spring to replace the tension of the oil pump. Thanks for any help.

Re: 1998 GTX Ltd oil pump block off -- now insufficient tesion to return throttle to

You should not have any issue by removing the oil pump; the cable should still work fine just going to the throttle shaft on the carb. Are the throttle shafts moving nice and easy if you operate then by hand? If not then they may need some work to free them up.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 1998 GTX Ltd oil pump block off -- now insufficient tesion to return throttle to

Thanks for the response. It is exactly what I needed to know. I will focus on the carb shaft/springs. It worked very well before the carbs were removed as part of the block off installation. I anticipate the answer will be rather simple. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X