750 zxi hard restart /pop off pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 zxi hard restart /pop off pressure

have 1995 750 zxi dual carbs jet ski. its hard to start w warm it starts and dies then u can restart w starting fluid (yes starting fluid is bad not my ski freinds). wanted to ck pop off pressure i just installed a primmer bulb to see if that would help but while i have it apert i wanted to ck pop of pressure any sugestions would be apreciated also thx in advance

Re: 750 zxi hard restart /pop off pressure

Check your compression when warm; make sure it’s still 120 or better. You may have a bad check valve letting the fuel tank loose pressure and prime, if you open the gas cap do you hear pressure come out? If not then locate the 2 check valves coming of the top of the tank and see if 1 of them is stuck open if you can blow air through it from either side than it is bad they only work as one way valves.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

okay fuel tank works is pressurized no compression ck yet but was playing w it, looking for vacume leaks. thought that might be the problem . i found that rear seal on engine has a vacume leak spryed it w try flow and motor dies next question can i change it w/o removing engine ?? or is it easer to do w removed or do they tend to leak and its okay ??? the motor is about 4 yo old i live in seattle its used about 2 days a month in summer 10 times a year thx

Comment

hey also wanted to add it starts great out of water all of the time just when in water is it not starting

Comment

The seal is the issue then, when starting under a load its sucking more air and leaning it out. The cases have to be split to change the seal.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X